Teacher, English, Ages 13 - 15
Internationella Engelska Skolan (IES) is a leading independent school group ("friskola") with academic results far above average and a diverse and energetic staff. Teaching is through both Swedish and English, with English the language of the corridors. IES is one of Sweden's largest school groups at "Grundskolan" with 39 schools and around 28,000 students across the country. IES has grown steadily and maintained quality since 1993.
More about the company and its schools can be found at www.engelska.se
Internationella Engelska Skolan Hässelby is now seeking a qualified English teacher to join our team. The position is a maternity cover, 100% including mentorship and starting 11 January 2020. It is a contract until 17 June 2021 with a possibility to continue during the next academic year. This is your opportunity to work in an international environment with a productive and encouraging team.
We require "lärarlegitimation" or if internationally qualified, a current teaching license/registration plus a Bachelors degree and teaching qualification.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, positive, committed and cooperative team-player, willing to go the extra mile for students and colleagues. In addition to teaching meaningful and enjoyable lessons, all staff are expected to be well organised, take pride in their mentorship and other school duties and be outstanding role models for our students.
Main duties include:
• Monitor progress and effectiveness of class work and evaluate and modify as necessary
• Provide a stimulating classroom environment for effective teaching and learning
• Maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom
• Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of students
• Maintain good order and discipline among students, in accordance with the school’s behavior policies
Dela detta jobb