Teacher, Art, English, Mathematics, Science , Ages 11 - 13
About this vacancy
Internationella Engelska Skolan is one of the top Free Schools (friskolor) in Sweden. Internationella Engelska Skolan in Huddinge opened 2013 and has 640 students in year 6-9. We are located between Visättra and Solgård in Huddinge, which is an area undergoing major development.
Our Educational Philosophy:
- To command the English language, the key to the world
- A safe and orderly environment, in which teachers can teach and students learn
- High academic expectations
The teaching at the school is in both Swedish and English, and we follow the Swedish national curriculum.
For more information about our school, please visit https://huddinge.engelska.se
We are now looking for a Year 6 English, Math, Art and Science teacher for the 2021/2022 academic year! Who are we looking for?
- A qualified, professional teacher to teach Math, English and Science in year 6. We require läralegitimation or if internationally qualified, a current teaching license/registration plus a Bachelors degree and teaching qualification. (ESL qualifications such as TEFL are not applicable)
- An enthusiastic, committed, team-player, willing to go the extra mile for students and colleagues
- A native English speaker
- A teacher who is excellent at creating positive relationships with students and getting them engaged in the subject being taught
In addition to teaching meaningful and enjoyable lessons, all staff are expected to be well organised, take pride in their mentorship and other school duties and be good role models for our students.
Teaching will be in English and being a native English speaker is a merit. You will follow the Swedish national curriculum so an understanding of Swedish is valuable although not required.
Besides the teaching you will be the mentor of 16 students.
Internationella Engelska Skolan (IES) is a leading independent school group ("friskola") with academic results far above average and a diverse and energetic staff. Teaching is through both Swedish and English, with English the language of the corridors. IES is one of Sweden's largest school groups at "Grundskolan" with 43 schools and around 30,000 students across the country. IES has grown steadily and maintained quality since 1993.
More about the company and its schools can be found at www.engelska.se
Dela detta jobb