Internationella Engelska Skolan (IES) is a leading independent school group ("friskola") with academic results far above average and a diverse and energetic staff. Teaching is through both Swedish and English, with English the language of the corridors. IES is one of Sweden's largest school groups at "Grundskolan" with 37 schools and around 26,800 students across the country. IES has grown steadily and maintained quality since 1993.
More about the company and its schools can be found at www.engelska.se
The main duties of the Student Assistant are:
- Focus on one or two students in the school during their school days and assist the SENCO and Student Care Team with certain students who need extra support.
- Building positive relationships with the students
- Supporting the students social interaction
- Supporting the student before, during and after the class, i.e., to get ready and prepared for class, to explain the task during the lesson and to participate in group works with other students; to work one-on-one with students in their subjects outside of the classroom when needed
- Communication between student care team, parents, teacher and student
- Encouraging a calm, safe orderly environment at all times
- Ensure that students have clear guidelines on what is expected at the school
- Participate in the work with the Likabehandlingsplan/Equality Plan
- Promote loyalty to the vision and values of the school
- Experience of working well with others or as part of a team
- Bilingual with English and Swedish
- Basic understanding of student care and pedagogic
- Training or equivalent of students with special needs
- Good communicator and relationship builder
- Structured and organised
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy
Clearance from the police register is essential.
Please submit CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IES Hässelby Strand was the 19th school to open in Sweden as part of the Internationella Engelska Skolan organisation. Since its opening in 2011 the school has grown to accommodate years 4 through 9, with a student body of just under 600 students and 50 staff members. Our driven and professional staff from around the world work hard to cultivate strong student-teacher relationships, with a high degree of support for our students’ academic and social development, with the goal of developing competent, conscientious, and caring citizens of the world. Please join us on our mission!
For more information about our school please see hasselby.engelska.se.
Dela detta jobb