Internationella Engelska Skolan (IES) is a leading independent school group ("friskola") with academic results far above average and a diverse and energetic staff. Teaching is through both Swedish and English, with English the language of the corridors. IES is one of Sweden's largest school groups at "Grundskolan" with 43 schools and around 30,000 students across the country. IES has grown steadily and maintained quality since 1993.
More about the company and its schools can be found at www.engelska.se
About this vacancy
IT Manager to Internationella Engelska Skolan in Hässelby
Internationella Engelska Skolan is seeking a driven and passionate IT Manager to our school in Hässelby. As an IT Manager you will work closely with the students, teachers and other staff. You believe in IES values and ethos and think that a safe and orderly environment is the key for learning. You believe in each child and are interested in finding solutions for every given situation. As a person you are calm, reliable but at the same time firm.
Reports to the Assistant Principal
50% IT, with the possibility to increase to up to 100% with a teaching qualification in a relevant subject area.
- Responsible for the IT policy and that it is implemented and followed
- Carrying out technical duties to maintain the IT systems
- Maintaining the mobile learning devices (carts) and projectors in the classrooms. We work mainly with G Suite for education.
- Supporting students and staff with user management for our systems (i.e. google drive, schoolsoft).
- Training staff to use existing and future products and services.
- Driving the development of the school through IT solutions, proactively looking for ways that IT can improve learning.
- Liaising with service providers to resolve daily service issues
- Strong understanding of the IES vision, ethos and values
- Experience of working well with others or as part of a team
- Fluency in the English language required
- Excellent knowledge of IT and software
- Experienced in digital learning
- Basic understanding of student care and pedagogy
- Good communicator and relationship builder
- Structured and organized
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy
Dela detta jobb