IES Linköping Musiklärare för högstadiet
Internationella Engelska Skolan (IES) is a leading independent school group ("friskola") with academic results far above average and a diverse and energetic staff. Teaching is through both Swedish and English, with English the language of the corridors. IES is one of Sweden's largest school groups at "Grundskolan" with 37 schools and around 25,600 students across the country. IES has grown steadily and maintained quality since 1993.
More about the company and its schools can be found at www.engelska.se
Internationella Engelska Skolan Linköping is now seeking a qualified Music teacher to join our school (ages 10-15) full time starting in August 2019. The position is for a parental leave and the duration is the school year of 2019/2020. This is your opportunity to work at our founding school in an international environment with a collaborative team.
We require lärarlegitimation or if internationally qualified, a current teaching license/registration plus a Bachelor’s degree and teaching qualification. We are looking for an enthusiastic, positive, committed team-player, willing to go the extra mile for students and colleagues. In addition to teaching meaningful and enjoyable lessons, all staff are expected to be well organised, take pride in their mentorship and other school duties and above all, be outstanding role models for our students.
Main duties include:
• Monitor student progress and effectiveness of class work and evaluate and adapt teaching and learning as necessary
• Provide an engaging classroom environment for effective teaching and learning
• Maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom
• Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of students
• Maintain good order and discipline among students, in accordance with the school’s behaviour policies
• Mentorship of 16 students is included in this position as well.
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to our Principal Mr Mark McCarthy. Please, mark your application with "Music Teacher”.
Interviews will be held on an on-going basis. We recommend that you send in your application as soon as possible. We look forward to meeting you.