Internationella Engelska Skolan Enskede is now seeking a qualified Science teacher for our Middle school (Year 6-9) to join our fantastic working environment full time starting in August 2017. This is your opportunity to work at our founding school in an international environment with a productive and encouraging team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, positive, committed and cooperative team-player, willing to go the extra mile for students and colleagues. In addition to teaching meaningful and enjoyable lessons, all staff are expected to be well organised, take pride in their mentorship and other school duties and be outstanding role models for our students. We follow the Swedish curriculum but have a high level of student proficiency in English and the teaching language is English.
We require lärarlegitimation or if internationally qualified, a current teaching license/registration plus a Bachelor’s degree and teaching qualification.
Main duties include:
• Monitor progress and effectiveness of class work and evaluate and modify as necessary • Provide a stimulating classroom environment for effective teaching and learning
• Maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom
• Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of students
• Maintain good order and discipline among students, in accordance with the school’s behaviour policies
• Mentorship of 16 students is included in this position as well.
Applications should be marked with the subject ”Science”.
Interviews will be held on an on-going basis. We recommend that you send in your application as soon as possible.
About Internationella Engelska Skolan Enskede
Internationella Engelska Skolan Enskede is a school for grades 4-9 with 900 students and 70 staff. We offer a calm learning environment where teachers can teach and students can learn. We have staff and students from all over the world, bringing interesting knowledge and experience into the school.
Internationella Engelska Skolan (IES) is a leading independent school group ("friskola") with academic results far above average and a diverse and energetic staff. Teaching is through both Swedish and English, with English the language of the corridors. IES is one of Sweden's largest school groups at "Grundskolan" with 30 schools and over 21,500 students across the country. IES has grown steadily and maintained quality since 1993.
For more information about our school please see www.enskede.engelska.se